Dear AITP Region 18 Member,
Welcome to the this month’s edition of the AITP Region 18 CommuniGram. We will keep you informed on a regular basis of current news and upcoming events around the region. Be a contributor for your chapter. To submit a short article, send it via email to Harvey Schoenman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we approach the end of summer many of our Chapters are winding down the year and planning for 2009. As we review recruitment and retention efforts, the upcoming Region 18 Leadership Retreat provides a great opportunity to introduce new professional and student members to our AITP Region 18 family. Our Pittsburgh Chapter has been hard at work in preparing for our professional and personal development, so I’d like to encourage all to attend. There is still time to register and the event promises to be a great time. I look forward to seeing you soon.
President, AITP Region 18
Congrats to Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina for achieving SCOPA. Under the leadership of Dr. Scott Hunsinger, App State AITP continues to support the organizations missions, goals and ideals in student chapter management, retention and membership.
Since becoming the AITP Faculty Advisor in August 2006, Dr. Hunsinger and student leadership has grown the Chapter from 10 members to over 100 students who attend meetings and participate in AITP-related events. At the AITP kickoff meeting last year, 232 students attended one of three sessions held and they expect even more students to attend meetings this fall!
Congrats again to the team at Appalachian State University for a job well done, and to the Tarheel Chapter AITP for their continued encouragement and support of AITP student chapters.
– Submitted by: Carolyn Walters, Tarheel Chapter
What new and interesting is going on in your chapter? Please share with your fellow Region 18 members. Your hard-working staff of the CommuniGram would love to hear from you and publish your contribution. Please take a few minutes out of your busy day to let others know more about your corner of the world.
|Sept 30||Akron||Smart Clients (S/W, not people)||Eric Schliffka, Saberware Computer Consultants||Lindsay’s Amber Restaurant|
|Sept 24||Charlotte||Taking Your Business Mobile||Mr. Andrew Belfi||Greystone Restaurant|
|Oct 7||Hampton Roads||TBD||TBD||Point Plaza Suites, Newport News|
|Sept 24||Johnstown||Software Testing||Matt Hoffman, Concurrent Technologies||Boulevard Grille|
|Oct 20||Pittsburgh||Home & Internet User Security||Lawrence Rogers, CERT Program, SEI||Sokol’s Club, Southside|
|Oct 14||Richmond||TBD||TBD||Holiday Inn, Crossroads|
|Oct 91||RTP||The Liabilities and Value of Open Sourcing||TBD||University Club, Raleigh|
|Sept 25||Tarheel||TBD||TBD||Foothills Brewery, Winston-Salem|
|Oct 24-26||Tarheel||Tarheel Retreat||TBD||Crown Reef Resort, Myrtle Beach, SC|
|Oct 8||Wheeling||Student-run Meeting||TBD||Belmont Technical College|
|Nov 7-9||Pittsburgh||Region Leadership Retreat||Multiple speakers||Pittsburgh – Washington, PA|
For details on any of the above events, please visit the applicable web sites – click on applicable active chapter link below.
Did you know…
- That in addition to belonging to your local chapter…
- You also belong to the AITP national association, http://www.aitp.org/, and…
- Region 18, the Leadership Region, http://www.aitp-region18.org/.
- Your Region 18 Officers, http://www.aitp-region18.org/officers.html.
- Your Region 18 Chapter Directors (RDs), http://www.aitp-region18.org/directors.html.
- You can ask questions of or request information about Region 18 via email at email@example.com.
- Region 18 is comprised of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia and North Carolina. See the region map on our logo above.
- Region 18 currently has 11 active chapters, 2 inactive chapters and 1 in the formation process.
- Active chapters can be found in the following cities: Akron, Charlotte, Virginia Beach (Hampton Roads), Johnstown, Charleston (Kanawha Valley), Geneva (Northeast Ohio), Pittsburgh, Richmond, Raleigh (Research Triangle Park – RTP), Winston-Salem (Tarheel) and Wheeling.
- Region 18 sponsors two events a year – a Spring Conference and a Fall Leadership Retreat.