Dear AITP Region 18 Member,
Welcome to the this month’s edition of the AITP Region 18 CommuniGram. We will keep you informed on a regular basis of current news and upcoming events around the region. Be a contributor for your chapter. To submit a short article, send it via email to Harvey Schoenman at email@example.com.
As our Faculty and Student affiliates gear up with school, please remember to reach out to them for association with your professional chapters. The Leadership Retreat is the same weekend as ISECON, but we welcome all our faculty/students who will not attend ISECON to join us.
Please also keep your Chapter information current on the Association Portal. The Association Board will be denying access to any Chapter where the information is invalid. If you have questions/concerns about the portal, please contact the Association headquarters.
President, AITP Region 18
Has anyone gone to a one-day conference or seminar lately? The prices are outrageous; usually in the $300-500 range. The Fall Leadership Retreat, which runs just over one day, is a veritable bargain at only $129 for members ($139 for non-members). The Leadership Retreat is on Nov 7-8 in the Pittsburgh area right across the road from a brand new outlet mall opening this coming Labor Day. Details are available on the 2008 Leadership Retreat website, http://www.aitp-pgh.org/R18-2008LR.htm. We have rearranged the sessions so be sure to re-visit the website. Presentation abstracts and speaker bios coming soon.
~ ~ ~
Once again the Pittsburgh Chapter broke the high water mark set just the year before for its Scholarship Golf Outing. We made a record amount of money in support of local IT students. The weather was absolutely perfect for golfing and the food was great. We wish to thank all of those who attended, or even just bought a raffle ticket, for their support. The winner of the $500 money order raffle was Dave Roberts.
– Submitted by: Harvey Schoenman, Pittsburgh Chapter
|Sept 30||Akron||TBD||TBD||Lindsay’s Amber Restaurant|
|Sept 24||Charlotte||TBD – Lunch and Learn||TBD||Greystone Restaurant|
|Sept 2||Hampton Roads||TBD||TBD||Shoney’s, Newport News|
|Sept 15||Pittsburgh||TBD||TBD||Sokol’s Club, Southside|
|Sept 11||RTP||Next Generation Technology||TBD||University Club, Raleigh|
|Sept 25||Tarheel||TBD||TBD||Best Western, Wendover Plaza|
|Nov 7-9||Pittsburgh||Region Leadership Retreat||Multiple speakers||Pittsburgh – Washington, PA|
For details on any of the above events, please visit the applicable web sites – click on applicable active chapter link below.
Did you know…
- That in addition to belonging to your local chapter…
- You also belong to the AITP national association, http://www.aitp.org/, and…
- Region 18, the Leadership Region, http://www.aitp-region18.org/.
- Your Region 18 Officers, http://www.aitp-region18.org/officers.html.
- Your Region 18 Chapter Directors (RDs), http://www.aitp-region18.org/directors.html.
- You can ask questions of or request information about Region 18 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Region 18 is comprised of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia and North Carolina. See the region map on our logo above.
- Region 18 currently has 11 active chapters, 2 inactive chapters and 1 in the formation process.
- Active chapters can be found in the following cities: Akron, Charlotte, Virginia Beach (Hampton Roads), Johnstown, Charleston (Kanawha Valley), Geneva (Northeast Ohio), Pittsburgh, Richmond, Raleigh (Research Triangle Park – RTP), Winston-Salem (Tarheel) and Wheeling.
- Region 18 sponsors two events a year – a Spring Conference and a Fall Leadership Retreat.